Monday, November 26, 2007

My Rant at helpdesk Stupidity (They Asked For It)...

What you will see here is a company displaying it's ether stupidity or Lack of Customer care.

The Base:
I played a game found a SERVER Side issue so within the game I submitted a ticket for a game master (GM) to look into the problem. The actual issue was I had to kill enemy to collect 10 items, now the actual quest is a daily in that i do this quest on a daily basis (well when i have time in the real world) so as you can imagine i know the quest and what to do within the quest well, so if something is not right I'd know about it.

Because I work with computers (as in i fix/repair and the likes) I know a bit about them, and also due to the fact that I've worked for some big named companies such as Microsoft™ partners and the likes I feel i know a bit about server problems & client problems. Now I'm not saying I know every thing there is to know about computing, far from it, I'm just giving you a base level understanding that I know a few things to come to educated conclusions about these matters.


I submit the in game ticket as follows:

Subject: Quest Issues
Comments: I've noticed that a daily quest has a bug in it, in that the enemy needed to destroy are not being produced thus in turn the items that the quest needed so we can complete it are not dropping. I've done this quest many times (including after the recent patch 2.3.0) and have not encountered this problem. I have waited 30 minutes in case it was a low spawn/reset rate but this is not true as there are none over the enemy at all.

I wish to also report to help your fault finding that I am not in group and made sure that I am not in a raid and have done the following things:
*looked in raid status(not in one)
*checked own internet connection for latency issues (none)
*removed quest & re-taken
*addons are working corectly

I feel it may be best that one of your technician look into the matter as I feel the Server may need a reboot/restart to correct the problem.

Quest in question: The Not So Friendly Skies...


The response I got:
Greetings Cyb3rspy,

Thank you for contacting the ***** ** ******** Game Master Department.

After some research, it has been determined that the quest which you reported should be functioning properly. Game Masters are unable to provide hints regarding how to complete this quest. The following suggestions may be of assistance in your attempt to complete the quest:

1) Please read your quest log carefully and check the bank for any quest items.

2) Please check to see if you are in a Raid Group while trying to complete your quest. Unless a quest is designated as a "Raid" quest in your quest log, you will not receive quest items (or credit for quest-related kills) while in a raid group. This is part of intended functionality. To see if you are in a raid group, please click on the social button (default key: ‘O'). In the social window, the furthest tab on the right contains all raid information. If you are in a raid, then quest items will not drop, and quest kills will not count.

3) If you are running a third-party (custom) User Interface, please uninstall it and try to complete the quest again.

4) Please try abandoning and re-acquiring the quest.

If none of these suggestions resolves your issue, we recommend inquiring with fellow players in-game or seeking assistance on our forums (http://forums.***************.com/).

We are also pleased to offer the ***** ** ******** Knowledge Base at (http://www.*******.com/support/wowgm/).

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in ***** ** ********!

*** Please do not respond to this email as all conversations on this matter would be best handled online. ***

Signed,
Lyiran
Game Master
******** Entertainment
www.*************.com



Customer satisfaction is a top priority here at ********* Entertainment, and we would like your feedback on the level of service you have received. Please feel free to provide such feedback at the following web address: http://us.**********.com/support/************




WTF!!! ok let me fill in their feedback form:
I don't know what you people read to answer tickets but this has been the 4th time I got a response that had NOTHING to do with the actual problem. Do you READ the tickets or just the subject? I know what 1st lvl support is i used to work it but I would have to say the responses the team gives is way below any standard i know of.

My advise is to READ the CONTENT of tickets not just the subject. Or Retrain your staff to handle issues.

ie. Server side issues are NOT client/user based issues.

Signed Cyb3rspy

Submit.


Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts and suggestions regarding our customer support.

Please be advised that you will not receive a response regarding any information provided in this questionnaire.

I don't expect you to read it let alone give me a response that would be asking way to much.




Thus concludes my rant for today about Stupidity within Helpdesk.

Signed Cybs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home